NORTHGATE LODGE & CONFERENCE CENTRE
Set against the backdrop of the majestic Soutpansberg Mountain Range
in the Limpopo province of South Africa, the Northgate Lodge offers
a relaxing get-away experience like no other. Indigenous acacia
trees and numerous bird species are just part of the natural
splendour you will find at the Northgate Lodge. Perfect for stopping
over on the way to Zimbabwe or Kruger National Park or to explore
the unique Soutpansberg Conservancy.
All our chalets are equipped with bathroom and kitchenette and are
within walking distance to the sparkling pool.
The Northgate Lodge offers very comprehensive conferencing packages
and its convenient location has ensured its popularity as an ideal
wedding location. The venue seats up to 250 guests and we assist in
all aspects of event planning for a truly memorable experience.
SELF CATERING ACCOMMODATION
Our self catering rooms have all amenities for a short stay and are
set in a lovely garden with various plants like Mahogany thorn and
other bushveld trees.
• Our collection of chalets sleeps between 1 and 6 guests
• All the en-suite chalets are equipped with kitchenettes, TV's with
selected DSTV channels. Bedding & towelling are provided.
• Outdoor barbeque facility at each chalet overlooking the pool.
• Secure under cover parking
This conference venue provides the perfect setting for a large
conference or training seminars. The conference room is equipped
with a variety of audiovisual equipment, e.g. projector and flip
charts. At Northgate Lodge we have years of experience in conference
planning and we attend to all parts of the conferences need. We
would be happy to assist you with the organization of your next
The Northgate Lodge is located in the charming town Louis Trichardt,
(Makhado) Limpopo. It nestles at the foot of the Soutpansberg, a
unique wilderness area that accommodates over 500 tree species and
about 450 species of birds. The Soutpansberg mountain range is 130
km long and is home to a famous tourist attraction - the giant
The highest point, called Lajuma is home to scores of eagles,
falcons and other predatory bird species. Other bird species
including the rare Red-throated Twinspot, Knysna Loerie and the
Naringa Togon can be found. This is truly a prime bird watching
Most of the Soutpansberg region is malaria-free, with the exception
of the northeastern areas near the Zimbabwe and Mozambique borders,
and the Kruger National Park.
• Visit Tsonga Textiles. Some of the most creative local textile
designs are on offer here.
• Take a drive through Ben Lavin Nature Reserve.
• Spend a relaxing day at the water, dams in this area include
Albasini and Middle Letaba.
• Visit the Twin Dams at Nwanedi Reserve for fishing.
• Hanglip Picnic Site and Forest for great picnics, hiking and bird
• Visit the Langjan Nature Reserve to discover the last remaining
herd of gemsbok in the province.
• Go on a scenic drive. These include Bluegumspoort Drive and the
Witvlag Drive from the town to Piesangshoek.
• Abseiling for the adventurous traveller
GPS S 23°05,493‘ | E 29°05,529‘