Located close to the rolling hills of the majestic Soutpansberg
Mountain Range in the Limpopo province of South Africa, the Louis
Trichardt Lodge offers a relaxing self-catering accommodation for
all travellers who are en-route to Zimbabwe or the Kruger National
Park and all the other unspoiled nature reserves in this area.
The 19 spacious Bed & Breakfast and self-catering units are set in a
garden of palm trees.
Our self-catering and B&B rooms have all amenities for a short stay
and are set in a lovely garden with palm trees.
• Our collection of rooms sleeps between 1 and 5 guests comfortably.
• All the en- suit rooms are equipped with kitchenette (fridge and
hotplate), TV's with selected DSTV channels.
• Bedding & towelling are provided.
• Secure under cover parking
• BBQ/braai facilities
The Louis Trichardt Lodge is located in the charming town Louis
Trichardt, (Makhado) Limpopo. It nestles at the foot of the
Soutpansberg, a unique wilderness area that accommodates over 500
tree species and about 450 species of birds. The Soutpansberg
mountain range is 130 km long and is home to a famous tourist
attraction - the giant Baobab tree.
The highest point, called Lajuma is home to scores of eagles,
falcons and other predatory bird species. Other bird species
including the rare Red-throated Twinspot, Knysna Loerie and the
Naringa Togon can be found. This is truly a prime bird watching
Most of the Soutpansberg region is malaria-free, with the exception
of the north-eastern areas near the Zimbabwe and Mozambique borders,
and the Kruger National Park.
• Visit Tsonga Textiles. Some of the most creative local textile
designs are on offer here.
• Take a drive through Ben Lavin Nature Reserve.
• Spend a relaxing day at the water, dams in this area include
Albasini and Middle Letaba.
• Visit the Twin Dams at Nwanedi Reserve for fishing.
• Hanglip Picnic Site and Forest for great picnics, hiking and bird
• Visit the Langjan Nature Reserve to discover the last remaining
herd of gemsbok in the province.
• Go on a scenic drive. These include Bluegumspoort Drive and the
Witvlag Drive from the town to Piesangshoek.
• Abseiling for the adventurous traveler
GPS S 23° 6' 0.327" | E 30° 5' 0.044"