Elephant Walk is a vey popular
backpackers and B&B, only 2 minutes away from the Kruger National
Park Gate in Phalaborwa.
We have en-suite rooms with aircons, TV’s, bar fridges and tea/coffee facilities as well as twin rooms and a 10-bed dorm. Also a BBQ area and a crispy pool.
We arrange safaris into the Kruger Park on open vehicles or on foot escorted by a qualified rifled ranger. A river safari will offer you the opportunity to take close-up photo’s of elephant, buffalo, hippos, and crocodile and a abundant bird life.
The off road parking is secure
Bed and Breakfast
The Bed and Breakfast is 4 en-suite free standing double rooms which can accommodate up to 16 persons.
Each room is equipped with:
- Breakfast tableBar fridge
- Tea and coffee facilities
Offering a small homely backpackers less than 2km from the Phalaborwa Gate to the Kruger National Park. Accommodating up to 16 persons.
Available for backpackers:
- Two twin rooms
- Dormitory that sleeps 10 people
- Hot showers & clean linen
- Camping facilities with outside showers and toilet.
- Kitchen & braai facilities
- Elephant Walk Tours - we can book you on a river safari on the Olifants River, a guided walk in Kruger National Park or day or night safaris in an open vehicle
- African Valley Horse Trails - an exciting 3 hour bush experience.
- Amarula Lapa - the official home to South Africa’s best loved liqueur, Amarula Cream.
- Cheetah Breeding Project - to view animals which have found a home here.
- Debegeni Falls - walking trails and picnic spots in amazing surroundings.
- Foskor Museum - experience the mining history of Phalaborwa
- Microlight flights - game viewing as never before!
- Moholoholo Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre - rehabilitation centre for poisoned or injured wildlife and birdlife species.
- Sapekoe Tea Plantations
- The Big Hole - tours through the largest open cast copper mine in South Africa.
- Worlds largest Baobab Tree - in Leydsdorp.
The rooms have aircons, bar-fridges, microwaves, coffee/tea facilities. Private entrances, and free safe parking off the street. White, clean fresh linen on the beds, and towels are supplied. Hot showers or baths in each room. The twin rooms and the dorm have communal hot showers and bathrooms and a communal fully equipped kitchen and BBQ area.
We arrange directly with the Kruger Park safaris. They collect you from our reception and take you into the Park:
Morning Walks or drives, Afternoon walks or drives, Full day safaris and night safaris with bush braais.
River safari on the Olifants River .
How to get there
SA Airlink flies daily to Phalaborwa
Bus: Northlink and Translux
By Road: Enter Phalaborwa on Hendrick van Eck Road, right into Koper Road, right into Essenhout Street, left in Anna Scheepers.
Elephant Walk, 30 Anna Scheepers Avenue.
Clothing & Accessories
Private towels for use by the pool.
Health & Climate
Phalaborwa is the town of two summers.
Remember your tanning lotions and sun protection lotions.
Please ensure to bring along anti mosquito lotions or insecticide.